Thursday, May 28, 2009

Slaying My Dragons

Some time back I was referred to a blog which had a post titled "Slaying Your Dragons Before Breakfast" or something like that. I don't remember much about the content of the post, but I think it was related to time management and getting started on your day by dealing with the tough things first, getting them out of the way and then moving on. Something like that.

Anyway, today is one of those days when I definitely need help in the time management area. Lots of dragons to be slain today. After a couple of days away with Al, I've come home to discover that nobody did the laundry or dealt with the dust bunnies or took care of the mail or prepared the Bible Study lesson......etc, etc. Probably because nobody was here - LOL!! In any event, there are lots of tasks and projects to be dealt with today, and I'm having a hard time prioritizing them. So far today, I more like a hummingbird or a butterfly (flitting from one thing to the next) than like a dragon slayer!

Maybe I need to sit down with another cup of coffee (always a good idea, if you ask me!) and make a list of everything that needs doing today. Then I can prioritize the list. That seems like a good strategy for slaying a dragon or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment