Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Keep Smiling!

I was recently reading an account of Corrie ten Boom's life.....about how much she enjoyed her life, how enthusiastic she was about every task. When you think about all she and her family (and others) endured during the Holocaust, her joy and enthusiasm for life is a real testimony of her faith but also an example for all of us who have endured much less hardship yet never fail to find opportunities to whine about something! It was said of Corrie that she had an amazing sense of humor and that she spent a lot of time laughing, that even in her eighties she was very young in spirit. I admire that, and I aspire to that.

I can remember my grandmother often saying that age is a state of mind......you're only as old as you feel. And I don't ever want to feel old!! Getting older doesn't bother me, but I don't want to grow old in my thinking, in my attitude toward life. I hope never to lose my sense of humor about things. Yes, life has its ups and downs, its potholes in the road, its aches and pains. But dealing with all of that is really only an attitude, isn't it??

Proverbs 15:15......"He who is of a merry heart has a continual feast." I'm sure that's true for "she" of a merry heart as well!

Corrie said "The future is glorious. The best is yet to be." That's something to think about, something to look forward to. Certainly it's a reason to keep smiling!! And keep looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment