Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm Not a Morning Person

I think this whole "morning person" thing is vastly overrated. What's so great about forcing yourself to get up before dawn even shows its face just so you can rush around frantically trying to convince yourself that you are getting lots more done? At least that's how it would be for me. Getting up early is not something that comes naturally to me. I hate alarm clocks. I hate being forced to be up and about before I want to be. I like to sleep until my body decides it has had enough (meaning.....has slept enough) and then to get out of bed. And I think I am a lot more productive when I can get up on my own timetable!!

I like to enter the day gradually. I'm not one of those people who hits the ground running.....who bounds joyfully into the day. I don't want anybody to talk to me until I've had a cup (make that several cups!) of coffee. Fortunately, even though I am married to a "morning person", he figured out a long time ago that I am not one of those and has adjusted admirably!!

No comments:

Post a Comment