Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nobody Rains on My Parade!

One of the lessons I have learned over the years is the power of "self-talk".......the things we say to ourselves, the thoughts we think about ourselves have powerful effect on our attitudes and our behaviors. This has been true through all the years of my life in the "pink bubble" of Mary Kay. It is a truth that is emphasized in our Weight Watchers meetings. For many of my years as a beauty consultant I practiced this in the form of what we pink ladies refer to as positive affirmations. One of the things I said to myself over and over is "I will let nobody rain on my parade, I will let nobody push my buttons."

But......reality check.....over the last several years I have let people rain on my parade. I have let people push my buttons. I have let circumstances and other people control my attitude. I have gotten bogged down in what other people think. And I am here to say.......NO MORE!!!

Now, lest the two of you who may be reading this get the wrong impression, I am not referring to anyone in my family or to whom I am related either by blood or by marriage!

So let me be clear. I will not give control of my life, my thoughts, my emotions, my career choices to the "negative nellies" around me. Nobody will rain on my parade! Nobody will push my buttons. I will go over, under, around or through ANY obstacle that gets in my way because I am a woman on a mission with a vision and a passion for excellence. And my blood runs PINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment