Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Priorities

Today is such a beautiful day! It's a little cool for this time of year, but the sun is shining and everything is so green from all the rain we've had lately. There was actually a frost advisory last night! Good grief! It's the middle of May and we're still having to think about frost??!! What's up with that? So, like the good gardener I am (and that is a real exaggeration, I assure you), I went out last night and covered our squash and cucumbers and tomatoes with sheets to protect them from the frost.......the frost that didn't come, by the way! Thankfully the wind didn't blow my sheets down the side of the mountain!!

So, on this beautiful day when my to-do list is really quite long, what have I been doing? Well, I've wasted some time on Facebook, mostly playing Word Hunt, my new favorite game. I've watched the birds......lots of goldfinches at the feeders today, and I've been keeping my eye on the phoebe who built a nest in the roof of our carport. She's taking good care of her new babies. A wild turkey strolled through the carport a little while ago (in case that doesn't make sense, the carport is actually open on 3 sides.....it's a drive-through carport!). There are squirrels and chipmunks chasing each other across the bank behind our house. I think they are fighting over the acorns and hickory nuts. There's really no need to fight.....there's more than enough for all the critters to share!

I should be emptying and reloading the dishwasher and catching up with the ironing and straightening the clutter and maybe even trying to make some more progress on the basement clean-up project. That would be the basement clean-up project which seems to be getting worse instead of better! I should be finishing up preparations for tonight's Bible Study. That seems like the priority. So, now that I've finished my lunch, finished this post and wasted entirely too much time this morning, I think it's about time I got my priorities in order!!

No comments:

Post a Comment