Monday, May 4, 2009

Change

This is a week for some changes. Of course, we are in the process here in the mountains of changing from winter to spring, and that's a good thing. You can almost watch leaves appearing on the trees. There are more birds at the feeders. The hummers are back, along with lots of finches. We planted our "garden" on Saturday.......lots of tomatoes, some in those upside-down planters, along with some squash and cucumbers. The "garden" is actually a series of pots. Living on the side of a mountain, literally, as we do, there are not a lot of good garden spots, and if we plant very far from the house, then everything we plant will be eaten by the deer and other critters.

We also put some flowers in the beds and porch planters. It's amazing how much the color boosts our mood!!

There will be other changes this week. My hair color for one. I had new highlights put in a couple of weeks ago. The more I look at myself in the mirror, the less satisfied I am with how it turned out. I know.......vanity, vanity, thy name is Susan!! My husband is not happy with the new color either.......he said it made me look old. That was all it took!!! Change is coming!

There are changes coming on the inside as well. I've been in a serious state of blah for a while now. So, I need a major attitude adjustment and I have determined that starts today. Time to get rid of the "stinkin' thinkin'", as one of my mentors used to say. In spite of some less than ideal circumstances, I CHOOSE to think positively, to view the glass as half full rather than half empty. I CHOOSE to look forward, not backward. I CHOOSE to determine my own attitude rather than letting circumstances determine it for me. I CHOOSE to be enthusiastic! I CHOOSE to keep my eye on the goal. I CHOOSE not to let other people's attitudes and judgments about my choices drag me down. I CHOOSE to run the race set before me.

So, look out world! I'm back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment