Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day weekend. And for the first time I can ever remember, I am spending it alone. Al left this morning for a week long business trip. He'll be back on Friday night and will leave again next Saturday morning and return the following Saturday. It's going to be a very long two weeks. Weekends when he is out of town are the worst. Somehow I get through the "work week" OK, even if he's gone all week. But the weekends are really tough, even after all these years of this lifestyle. I guess it's because there's the expectation that a working person would actually get a weekend to spend with his wife/family. Oh well......

And, also for the first time I can ever remember, I will not see either of my sons or my grandsons on this Mother's Day weekend. Since they have been grown, it is rare to have spent time with both sons on Mother's Day, but I've had some time with one or the other every year. Not this year. No sons. No grandsons. No husband. I'm really trying not to have a pity party! I'm trying to stay busy. I have lots of projects "in process", including sorting years and years of photos, so I'll be busy traveling down memory lane this weekend! Missing my husband, missing my boys, missing my grandsons, and missing my mother. But enjoying the wonderful memories we have made together.

No comments:

Post a Comment