Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sometimes

Sometimes I'm a chatterbox.  And sometimes not.

Sometimes words flow freely when I sit down to write.  And sometimes not.

Sometimes I have no words.

Sometimes it's because the beauty in front of me takes my breath away and leaves me speechless.


Sometimes it's because I've received some really good news and am overwhelmed.

But sometimes it's because the news is not so good.  And I have no words.

Sometimes it's bad news.

Or a bad diagnosis.

Sometimes I'm afraid.

Sometimes I'm confused.

Sometimes I'm hurt.

Sometimes.

Sometimes there are no words.

At those times, I'm really thankful for all the times, all those years ago when I was a child, that I memorized a lot of Scripture.

At those times, the Lord brings those Scriptures back to mind.

And they bring comfort.  And peace.  And hope.

Because sometimes I have no words.

And I remember the Word.

I remember that "when I am afraid, I will put my trust in You."  (Psalm 56:3 NASB)

I remember "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  (Psalm 46:1 NASB)

I remember "But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the One who lifts my head.  I was crying to the LORD with my voice, and He answered me from His hoy mountain.  I lay down and slept; for the LORD sustains me."  (Psalm 3:3-5 NASB)

I remember "I sought the LORD, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears."  (Psalm 34:4 NASB)

I remember "The LORD is my shepherd."  (Psalm 23:1)

Do you see a pattern here?  I love the Psalms.  And when I'm afraid, or when I need comfort, or when I'm troubled, it's to the Psalms that I go most often.

Because sometimes, I have no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment