Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Casting

Do you love to fish?  Or do you know someone who does?

I fall into that latter category.  Fishing is not something I have any desire to do, nor something I really know anything about.  All I know about fishing I learned from watching other people fish.  Nothing I know about fishing is based on personal experience.

Casting, for example.

I have never cast my line out into the water in hopes of catching a fish.  But I have watched it being done.  By my husband.  And my sons.  And my grandsons.

 
 
What I have observed about casting is that it does not mean just dropping the line into the water right at your feet.  Casting means flinging that line as far out into the water as you can.
 
Perhaps that's the picture Peter was painting for us when he wrote these words:
 
"Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."  (1 Peter 5:7 NASB)
 
All your anxiety.  All your cares (KJV).  All your worries.
 
Casting them on Jesus.  Flinging them on to Him.  Not dropping them by your feet where you can pick them up again! 
 
Are you casting your anxiety on Him or are you holding on to it?
 
Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment