Friday, April 17, 2015

Another Gray Day

It's another gray, gloomy morning. Several days of gloom have passed since we last saw the sun. I often find it hard to stay positive and upbeat when I'm surrounded by such grayness. Perhaps you could say the same.  Right now the fog has settled in here on our mountain and looks as though it might never lift.



However, I am reminded that if I never experienced some of this gloom, I would not really appreciate the beauty of the sunny days. I would probably just take them for granted. If I were never in the valley, I couldn't fully appreciate the view from the mountaintop. And as I look around, I am reminded of how many reasons I have for giving thanks, even on a gloomy day. I'm in a warm, comfortable home with a good cup of coffee. I have good music, good books (even though they are all in boxes right now!), my Bible......and on and on I could go! I'm making very good progress getting all this stuff packed up, and in just two weeks, we will be waking up for the first time in our new home.

So, actually this is a very good morning. Life is good.

A little fog can't get me down!  And it won't be gray forever.  Eventually, we will once again see this glorious view.



There's beauty on the other side of the gray.  We just have to wait for it.




"The marvelous richness of human experience would lose something of rewarding joy if there were not limitations to overcome. The hilltop would not be half so wonderful if there were no dark valleys to traverse." - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment