Saturday, April 11, 2015

Perspective


When I have looked down from the front porch to these burning bushes on the ground below, all I have really noticed was how green they are getting.  That's a sure sign that spring has arrived, and that makes me very happy!

Yesterday afternoon, however, I saw them from a different point of view.  I walked out the basement garage door and stood next to these bushes and realized they are taller than I am.  I had no idea they had grown so much!


When these bushes were planted, shortly after we moved into this house in 2006, they were no more than a foot tall.  They are now much more than that!  But I had no idea they were so tall when I looked down on them from the porch above.

Isn't that often the case in life as we look at situations and circumstances?  We don't always have the right perspective to see things as they really are.

Thankfully, our God always has the right perspective.  He always sees everything from all its angles, from beginning to end.  He sees the big picture.  He has everything under control, and He knows what He's doing!

Oh, that we would see things from His perspective!

"Open my eyes that I would behold wonderful things from Your law."  (Psalm 119:18 NASB, emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment