Thursday, March 28, 2013

What a Beautiful Morning!

There's a little more pep in my step this morning.  The sun is shining!  I have lost track of how many days since I could say that.  The snow started on Sunday afternoon.  Before that we had rain.  And before that, more gloomy days.  But today.....sunshine and blue sky!  There is great rejoicing in this household!

In addition to being a beautiful morning, it's a special day.  On this day, seven years ago, we welcomed our first grandson into the world.  Happy Birthday, AJ! 

I set aside some other projects yesterday to work on my photo book of our recent trip to Israel. This project had very nearly turned to disaster a few days ago when I somehow deleted the entire thing!  Thankfully, Shutterfly was able to restore the project, and so now I'm pressing on.  The end is in sight as I just have photos of our last couple of days in Jerusalem to sort through.

It's interesting that sorting through these particular photos comes on this particular weekend.  You see, on our last couple of days in Jerusalem, we visited the Mount of Olives, and we retraced Jesus' steps from Gethsemane down the Via Dolorosa to Golgatha and to the Garden Tomb.

Today I'm focusing on photos of the Garden of Gethsemane.  Interesting coincidence, some might say.  I would not be one of them.


"And going a little farther Jesus fell on his face and prayed, saying, 'My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.'" (Matthew 26:39 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment