Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Special Day

Today is a special day.  Well, every day is special, but this one is extra-special.  It's Brian's birthday.  (Brian, for those of you who don't know, is our first-born son).  On this day thirty-eight years ago, I gave birth to one of the most beautiful babies I had ever seen!  (And yes, I was only three at the time!!!!).  That beautiful baby has grown up to be a handsome man, and I am so proud to be his mother.

I would so love to be celebrating with him in person.  Since we live hundreds of miles apart, that's just not possible.  But I'm celebrating in spirit.  And I'm remembering the day of his birth.  And his first birthday.  And lots of birthdays in between.

We're a lot alike, Brian and I, in a lot of different ways.  Many people say he looks like me.  I think it's the blue eyes.  And the nose.  Or maybe it's because we're both vertically challenged (sorry about that, Brian).

We both have a stubborn streak.  A pretty wide stubborn streak.  We both tend to brood when things are bothering us.  And of course, we both love those Gamecocks!!

Beyond that, there's the thing we have in common that really matters.  We both love Jesus.  And that's the thing that brings me the most joy!

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."  (3 John 4 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment