Friday, March 8, 2013

Anticipation!

After days of frigid temperatures and snow, a brighter sky and warmer temperatures have been forecast for the next several days.  I am so very excited about that.  The snow was beautiful, but I'm ready to move on.  I'm anticipating the arrival of spring!

We're on the road again this weekend.  One of our grandsons will have a birthday later this month.  Easter weekend, actually.  Which is not a great weekend to schedule a birthday party for a 7 year old.  So his parents decided to celebrate a little early.  After checking their calendar and trying to find a time slot that would work amidst all the other activities of life, this is the weekend to celebrate!  Which means we're heading over to Greensboro to join in the festivities.  I can hardly believe AJ will soon be 7 years old!  These years have certainly flown by, and now I am anticipating lots of fun and laughter and good times as we celebrate AJ and his birthday.

I have several dates marked on my calendar for some girlfriend time.  A lunch.  A shopping excursion.  Other girlfriend get-togethers.  As the time for each occasion approaches, I get more excited.  The anticipation is building!

Even more, as days go by and life becomes more and more tedious, more and more difficult in our world, and as I grow more and more frustrated by politicians and government officials and the celebrity-itis that seems so prevalent in our society, I find myself looking ahead.  Looking forward more and more.  Anticipating the future.  Longing for heaven and home.

What are you anticipating?

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."  (Titus 2:11-13 ESV, emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment