Monday, March 4, 2013

Always

I'm confronting a few hard truths about myself this morning.

I am not always kind.  Sometimes, but not always.

I am not always loving.  Sometimes, but not always.

I am not always patient.  Sometimes, but not always.

I am not always gentle.  Sometimes, but not always.

I am not always merciful.  Sometimes, but not always.

The list could go on, but I think you get the idea.  It's probably true of you as well.  We are not always what we would like to be.  And we excuse that by saying things like "well, I'm only human."  And that's true.  We are.  And therein lies the problem!

Which makes me so very thankful this morning for a loving Heavenly Father.

Who is always kind.

Always loving.

Always patient.

Always gentle.

Always merciful.

And the list could go on. 

Certainly those are not the only aspects of His character.  He is also righteous.  And holy.  And just.  He is perfect in all His ways.  And He is always all of that - and more - all at the same time, all the time.

It's overwhelming, isn't it?  And overwhelming that He loves me.  And you.
Not because we deserve it.  But in spite of the fact that we don't.

When I think about that, I am amazed.  Always.

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end.  They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment