Monday, October 14, 2013

Overflowing!

On Saturday night we attended a concert by Keith and Kristyn Getty.  I'm almost hesitant to call it a concert.  It really was an evening of worship, with the Gettys leading us.

I had looked forward to this concert for a long time.  I really enjoy the Gettys' music.  I love the "Irishness" of it.  And I sort of feel a connection to them.  You see, they are from Northern Ireland.  And it was from County Antrim, in what is now Northern Ireland, that my great-great-grandfather came to this country.

But beyond the Irish connection, I love their music.  These modern-day hymn writers have written some powerful music indeed!  You likely have sung some of their songs in your worship services, even if you had no idea who wrote them.

One of my favorite parts of the concert was the way it ended, as we sang through the sacrifice of our Lord for our salvation.  From "Gethsemane" to "The Power of the Cross" to "Christ Is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed"  to "In Christ Alone".

What a powerful time of worship!  Truly my cup is full to overflowing, even now, two days later, as I recall that experience!  What a blessing to have been a part of it!

If you aren't familiar with their music, check them out on YouTube.  You'll be glad you did!

" 'Til He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand."  (from In Christ Alone by Getty/Townend)

No comments:

Post a Comment