Monday, October 21, 2013

It's Monday Again

It happens every week.  Monday morning.  Here we go again!

There's a sameness to every Monday morning, at least around here.  Time for laundry.  And decluttering from the weekend.  Time for looking at the calendar and getting ready for the week ahead. 

But it's also a good time to just be still and savor the moment.  Another day of life.  In this case, it's a beautiful day.  Some Mondays are gloomy and gray, but not this one.  It's a gloriously beautiful fall day.  A little on the cool side, but it is late October, after all.  The sky is blue, and there's still color on the trees as I look across the mountains.  That may change by week's end, as the forecast is for temperatures to get much colder as the week goes along.  That will likely mean frost and falling leaves.  But it is late October, after all.

Another thing I like to do on Mondays is reflect back on Sunday.  On the worship experience.  On what I learned in our Life Group Bible study.  On what God said to me as I listened to Him speak through the pastor's message.  It's a good time to reflect and remember.  And then to think about what I'm going to do with what I learned.  How I am going to apply those lessons.

Today I'm reflecting back not just on Sunday, but on the entire weekend.  This was a good weekend.  Not just Sunday, but Saturday as well.  Some of our Life Group came up for lunch on Saturday.  That was great fun.  Good food, good fellowship, lots of laughter.  A very enjoyable afternoon indeed. 

Yesterday was a great day of Bible study and worship.  Our journey through the story took us to Moses and to the original Passover.  We reflected on God's deliverance of His people from their bondage......a picture of what He does for us through Jesus.  And the choir sang one of my all-time favorite anthems.....Holy Is He. What a great morning!

Last night we continued our study in Revelation, and after that were able to preview the video for My Hope with Billy Graham which will take place in November.  What a blessing that was.

In between there was a surprise get-together with my brother.  He had been in Spartanburg for a family reunion with his wife's family.  My sister-in-law was staying over for a few days with her parents, so before my brother headed back home, we hooked up at Panera for a nice visit.  I love little surprises like that!

This morning I'm counting my blessings.  It was a great weekend.  I'm looking forward to a great week ahead.  And I'm even expecting this to be a great Monday!

Yes, there is such a thing!

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new ever morning; great is your faithfulness."  (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment