Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I Wonder

It's windy up on this mountaintop today.  Really windy.  A front is moving through, bringing much colder temperatures and the promise of frost tonight.

As I was sitting at my desk doing my Bible study this morning, I could hear that wind whistling through the trees and around the corners of the house.  I paused in my study and just listened.

And I wondered.

I wondered if that's what it sounded like on the day of Pentecost.

"When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place.  And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind....."  (Acts 2:1-2a ESV)

And I wondered if that's the sound the gospel song writer had in mind when he wrote these words:

"I hear the sound of a mighty rushing wind.  And it's closer now than it's ever been......."  (from The Midnight Cry)

I listen to the wind.

And I wonder.

I wonder what it will sound like when Jesus comes again.

And I wonder how long.

"For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed."  (Romans 13:11 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment