Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just Another Winter Day

If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes and it will change.  That's a good description of yesterday.

When I went to bed on Monday night, the weather forecast was calling for snow, with several inches accumulation, on Tuesday morning.  Or it was calling for freezing rain.  Or it was calling for ice and sleet.  Depending on which forecaster you chose to believe.  I opted for the "look out the window and see what's going on in the morning" forecast, and went to bed.

Tuesday morning when I got up, the temperature was 33 degrees.  It was raining.  And then there was freezing rain.  And not long after there was sleet.  Followed by hail!  Pretty soon ice was clinging to trees and shrubs, coating the fence posts, the temperatures were dropping, the wind was howling......just another winter day here in the mountains!  Before the day was over, we had it all.....rain, freezing rain, snow, sleet, hail, and even some sunshine by the end of the day!

As conditions deteriorated, it didn't take me long to make a decision about how I would spend the day.  So I called and rescheduled my haircut appointment...,...no need to get out in that mess just for a haircut, no matter how much I need it!  I spent the morning doing some tasks around the house, then settled into my comfy chair in front of the fire and did some reading.  Well, it's an old, worn-out chair.  Not really all that comfy any more.  But you get the idea.  Hot coffee, warm fire, good book......a great way to spend a cold, winter afternoon.

"God thunders wondrously with his voice; he does great things that we cannot comprehend.  For to the snow he says, 'Fall on the earth,' likewise to the downpour, the mighty downpour.......stop and consider the wondrous works of God."  (Job 37:5-6, 14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment