Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Productive Day

Yesterday was a good day.  A productive day.  I make note of it because it's a bit unusual.  Many days - most days perhaps - I don't feel all that productive.  It seems I just putter around from one thing to another and never really accomplish all that much.  The clothes are clean and the meals are prepared and mostly the dust bunnies and clutter are dealt with.  But even so, I don't get a real sense of accomplishment.

But somehow yesterday, I did!  And it felt good! 

Meals were prepared and eaten at the proper time.  I didn't do any laundry, but I did catch up (finally!) with some ironing that needed doing.  That's an accomplishment in itself.

But I think the real reason I felt so productive is because I caught up with paperwork.  Did the filing.  Reconciled the bank statement.  Organized stuff for taxes. All those tasks I really don't like to do.  But now my desktop is clean.  No more desk clutter!  And that's a very good feeling.

You know what "they" say........cluttered desk, cluttered mind.  Or maybe you have heard that quite opposite saying......a cluttered desk is a mark of genius.  Whatever.  I think a cluttered desk is just a sign of.....clutter!  And clutter makes me nuts!

So, having dealt with the clutter.....at least with the clutter on my desk.....makes me feel ever so productive!  And I like that feeling!  Maybe tomorrow I'll deal with some of the other clutter piles.

Or maybe not.  Maybe I'll just read a book.

"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." 
(Psalm 90:12 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment