Thursday, June 24, 2010

What Would You Do Differently?

Yesterday we read this passage in Isaiah 43 and learned that we are created for God's glory........"you are precious in My sight....everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom I have made."  Our Creator God, Elohim, has created us for His glory.

What does that mean, to be created for God's glory?  The Hebrew word for glory, kabad, means "glory, honor, splendor, reputation," according to the Complete Word Study Dictionary - Old Testament.  If you dig a little deeper into your word study tools, you will learn that the meaning here is "to give a correct estimate or opinion of".

So, what does that mean to you and me?  How do we give a correct estimate or opinion of the glory, the splendor, the reputation of Elohim?  Think about it.  How would you live, what would you do differently today, if you focused on living for His glory and His alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment