Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Already!

Is it Friday already?!  Where did the week go??  Today we're nearing the end of our journey through Psalm 119.....and what a journey it has been!  I have loved slowing down and working our way through this Psalm and have been so blessed by all God has shown me along the way.  And I'm blessed when I think of all of you out there and consider how God may be doing the same for you!  I'm already looking forward to our next journey together!  I've been praying a lot about where we go from here, and I'm very excited about our next journey.  But we'll save that for another day.

Today, we are going to focus our attention on the remaining verses of Psalm 119, the shin and tav stanzas, verses 161-176.  As usual, we will read the verses and look for every synonym for the Word of God.  Mark those words in the way you have marked them throughout the study, and then note what this stanza tells you about the Word.

As you read these verses, also note what you learn about the psalmist.  Ask questions of the text (who, what, when, where, why, how).  As you read, is there one thought that stands out to you above others, one verse or thought that can encourage you for today?  Are there questions you would like answers to as you read?  Have you found concepts you want to know more about?

As we finish out the week and approach the end of our time in this Psalm, what part of these stanzas is a "resting place" for you as we go into the weekend?  We'll begin digging  into these verses on Monday.  Until then, my challenge to you is to find one of these verses that can be the foundation for your prayer or your praise today.

"Let my lips utter praise, for You teach me Your statutes."  (Psalm 119:171)

No comments:

Post a Comment