Friday, June 25, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day!

As I write, I'm looking out the window at a variety of birds feeding on our front porch.  There are finches, hummingbirds, sparrows, indigo buntings, an occasional cardinal, and a little bird I haven't identified (need to check the bird book!) but that I refer to as the "hunchback".  He (or she) has what I can only describe as a hump of feathers just behind the neck!  I'm also seeing the great variety of trees across the mountains that I can see through the window.  I'm marvelling at the many different shades of green I see on those trees.  The sky is a beautiful blue today - what we sometimes refer to here in NC as "Carolina Blue".  It's a beautiful day in the mountains! The creation around me is stunning.......and all a gift from our Elohim, our Creator God.

As we finish our first week of study on the names of God, I think it's a good time to pause and review what we have learned so far, and then to consider how it applies to our lives.  It's so important that we not be content to learn names and definitions, but that in learning these different names for God, we get to know Him better - His character, His attributes, His nature - and that we apply what we have learned to our lives.

On Monday we'll begin examining another name - El Elyon.  But before we do that, here's your challenge today.  Review what we've learned so far about the importance of a name, specifically the importance of the Lord's name/names.  Review what we've learned about Elohim.  Read those Scriptures again.  Remind yourself again today of the ultimate purpose for which you were created - to give Him glory!  Praise Him today that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made"!  Let's worship our Elohim today!

No comments:

Post a Comment