Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Looking Back and Looking Forward

We have spent several weeks (months!) together in Psalm 119.  We have looked at 176 verses together.  We have learned much about the Word of God and about the psalmist.  As we come to the conclusion of this particular study, here's the last assignment for you.  Go back and read the entire Psalm again.  Reflect back on what you have learned as you have studied this portion of Scripture.

Are there particular passages that you found memorable?  Why?
Is there a particular truth that you have found to be life-changing?
Is there a particular truth that you have found to be difficult to align with?
What is the most important thing you want to remember?

As you read back over this Psalm today, or over the next several days, what specific applications are you going to make to your life?  Think of "specific" in this way......the difference between "I need to eat better" and "I will eat five servings of fruits and vegetables every day."  Go beyond "I should...." to "I will......".

I have loved this time to slow down and dig deep into this Psalm.  I hope you have, too.  I'm thrilled that you have joined me for the journey.  My prayer is that we will continue to dig deep into God's Word, that His Word and what we have learned from it and about it will take root in our lives, and that we will live out what we have learned!  If you would like to share any insights you have gained, any lesson you have learned, any opportunity you have had to put what you have learned into practice, feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks again for joining me on the journey!  I invite you to begin a new journey with me, beginning next Monday, June 21.  Invite your friends to join us as we get to know our God better by studying His names.

"Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever.  Amen."  (Hebrews 13:20-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment