Friday, March 20, 2015

The Word of the Day

As I have been reflecting on the events of the last week, and of the last several weeks, the word that keeps coming to mind is grateful.



This morning I'm grateful that even though it doesn't look, or feel, much like it, today is the first day of spring!




Last Friday morning we were busily scurrying about getting our house tidied up and ready to be shown later that day.  We had no idea that in a few short hours we would have an offer to purchase.  And for that, I am so very grateful.

I'm grateful that as we moved through this week, all the details of that sale have been coming together so smoothly.  It really is mind-boggling how well things are coming together, and I am so very grateful.

Earlier this week, we found a house that we love in our new city, and we made an offer to purchase it.  We don't yet know if that offer has been accepted, but even as I wait, I am grateful for the way all the details that led us to that particular house fit together so perfectly.  I grateful for all the friends who are praying with us as we wait.  And even if it should turn out that our offer is not accepted, I am grateful because I know that if this house is not the one God has in mind for us, He will lead us to the next one. 

Looking back over the last couple of weeks, I am grateful for a pastor who has been faithful to God's leading and who has called our church into a 40 day period of fasting and prayer.  I am grateful for this period of intense focus on praying and seeking the Lord.  I'm grateful for the way we, as a church and as individuals, are being drawn closer to the Lord.  I am grateful for the times of refreshing and worship this period of fasting and praying has brought to our church and to me personally.

We learned last night that my precious mother-in-law was hospitalized yesterday.  Although I'm not quite sure yet what the diagnosis will be as we are awaiting results of tests that will be done today, I am grateful that our loving Heavenly Father has her in His care.  I am grateful as we rest in the knowledge that He is in control.

I am grateful for the sovereignty of God.  I am grateful that He has all things under control.  In our world.  In our nation.  In my mother-in-law's situation.  As concerns our purchase of a new home.  God is in control.  He is working all things together for our good and for His glory.  For that, I am grateful indeed.

Grateful.

It's the word of the day!

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NASB, emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment