Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Great Anticipation!

Today is an important day in the life of my church family.  Today is an important day in my life.

Our pastor has called our church family into a 40 day period of fasting and praying.  And that 40 days starts today.

These 40 days are a period of intense focus.  Not focus on what we are giving up, or on whatever we might be fasting from.  But focus on the Lord.  Focus on spending more time with Him.  Focus on listening to Him more closely.  Focus on a deepening relationship with Him.

I am so excited about these days.  Certainly they will be challenging days.  Any time this many of God's people are praying, the enemy of our souls is not happy.

Even so, I am so excited to see what God is going to do in and through us as we humble ourselves before Him and pray.  As we bring our burdens to Him.  As we pray for lost people who need to know Jesus as Savior and Lord.  As we lift our petitions for our families and our church and our city and our state and our nation.  As we press in closer and hear what He has to say to us.  As we focus less on what's important to us, and more on what's important to God.

I am looking forward with great anticipation to see what will happen.  How we will be forever changed.  How God will answer.

This is going to be amazing!

"If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  (2 Chronicles 7:14 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment