Thursday, March 26, 2015

I Can't Believe It!

This moving adventure is turning me into a person I don't recognize!

When Al and I headed out a couple of days ago to do some moving-related errands and grab lunch along the way, he said to me, "I can't believe you left the closet door open."

I couldn't believe it either.  I never do that!

And he said, "I can't believe you left the dresser drawers open."

I couldn't believe it either.  I never do that!

My sweet husband of nearly 43 years is having a hard time believing that I am not keeping a tidy house.  That I am not closing the closet door.  Or the dresser drawer.

And so am I. 

It is, of course, impossible to keep a house tidy while at the same time doing the cleaning and sorting and packing that are part of moving.

Even so, it is difficult to believe that I - the one who adjusts every little thing to precisely the right angle and who wants to be certain that the towels hang in precisely the right way and who absolutely can't stand it if a drawer is not perfectly, as in all-the-way, closed - am leaving drawers and doors open, and allowing things to be left askew.

It's all part of the process.  The moving process.  Perhaps this moving process is changing me a little bit.  Or a lot!

This process, this moving adventure, is much like life in that sense.  Life is also a process.  And throughout it, we are being changed.  Transformed.  And the result of that is, for those of us who belong to Christ, becoming more like Him.

That's really what this life is all about.  And it's sometimes hard to believe!


"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror, the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."  (2 Corinthians 3:18 NASB)


As we gaze on your kingly brightness,
So our faces display your likeness;
Ever changing from glory to glory,
Mirrored here, may our lives tell your story.
Shine on me, shine on me.
(From "Shine, Jesus, Shine" by Graham Kendrick)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment