Thursday, March 5, 2015

Happy Birthday, Brian!

Today is a very special day.  A day for celebrating.  Today this precious baby boy, our first-born son, turns 40!


Back when this first-born child of ours was only a dream in our hearts, our dreams were shattered when we were told by doctors that we could never have children. 

So today, I celebrate!  I celebrate that God knows more than any doctor knows!  I celebrate that beautiful baby boy who grew up to be a handsome young man.  On days like this, I travel down memory lane.  Remembering the baby.



 Remembering the precocious toddler. 




Then, suddenly it seemed, he was all grown up.



I remember well the pride I felt when he joined the Air Force and went off to serve his country.  And I also remember how hard it was during those years when he was far from home.

Now I find myself nearly bursting with joy over the man he has become as I watch him be the parent.


 
 
 
I can hardly believe Brian is 40 years old today!  Where does the time go?
 
Today I'm celebrating Brian.  Celebrating the love and joy that he brings into our lives.
Even more, I'm celebrating a faithful God.  This day is a reminder that God answers prayer, and I am completely in awe of how wonderfully well He answered mine.
 
 


Happy Birthday, Brian!  I love you more!

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him."
(1 Samuel 1:27)

No comments:

Post a Comment