Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pancakes on a Wednesday??!!

Travel can disrupt schedules and get things in your life all out of order.  Today is a day like that.  I've been on the road with my husband this week as he's doing some traveling from place to place for his job.  This morning we were in Jacksonville, and now we're in Tampa.  This moving about and living out of a suitcase disrupts my regular routines. 

We normally stop at Cracker Barrel on our way to church on Sunday mornings and have pancakes for breakfast.  That typically is the only time we eat anything made with wheat.  We have been pretty much wheat-free for about a year now.  But this morning, in Jacksonville, there was a Cracker Barrel just across the way from our hotel, so guess where we had breakfast!  I could easily have made a different choice, but I had pancakes for breakfast today.  And it isn't even Sunday!  Pancakes on a Wednesday.  That's way outside my normal routine.  But I did it anyway!  And the world is still turning! 

Even with all the disruptions to my schedule, this has been a productive week.  While Al was at his appointment yesterday morning in Charleston, I had a few hours of quiet time in the hotel room.  Time alone with no distractions.  No ringing phone.  No barking dog.  No dryer buzzing.  Nothing to do but have the luggage ready when he returned so we could check out.  Nothing to do but to use my time wisely.

It was a good morning.  I had a wonderful time in prayer and Bible study.  I did some reading.  And I made an outline (or the first draft of the outline) and did some preliminary research for a book I want to write.  So far my writing projects have been limited to magazine articles and blogging.  I have always thought I was too impatient to write a book.  Or too unqualified to write a book.  Or too something or not enough something else to write a book.  But this project is burning in my mind and heart, so I feel compelled to follow through with it. 

It remains to be seen whether I have enough patience or discipline to get it done!  I'll keep you posted.

"So teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom."  (Psalm 90:12 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment