Friday, March 14, 2014

Not Quite

Do you ever have days when you feel not quite good enough?  Not quite smart enough?  Not quite talented enough?  Just not quite.....

If we're honest, I think we would all admit that we have days like that from time to time.  Days when our feelings take over from the facts, and we feel not quite......

The good news that is that our great God is more than enough to cover our not quite!

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' ' (2 Corinithians 12:9 ESV)

I'm feeling not quite in a little different way this morning.  In recent days, God has really been dealing with my heart in a number of areas.  I am overwhelmed with all He is teaching me and how He is at work in my life.  Overwhelmed to the point that I am not quite able to even articulate yet all I am learning.  I have not quite gotten my head and heart wrapped around all He is teaching me. 

But God is at work.  Of that I am certain.   And so even though I am not quite certain exactly what the outcome will be, not exactly certain how what I am learning will be played out in my life, not exactly certain what or when or how, I am confident that God is at work, and that.....

"he who began a good work in you [me] will bring it to completion."  (Philippians 1:6 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment