Monday, May 16, 2011

This is a re-posting of a previous post titled "Laughter".  The original has disappeared for some reason, and the subsequent post ("Full Disclosure") makes a lot less sense if you haven't read "Laughter" first.  So thanks to my friend Melissa who was able to send me a copy of my original post.  Here it is:

Yesterday was one of those days when I was completely uninspired about what to make for dinner. I thawed out a couple of chicken breasts, but had no brilliant, creative idea about what to do with them. I finally decided to bread them with some panko bread crumbs (for crunch) and pan fry them. Seemed like a semi-healthy thing to do.

It must have been pretty good. As he was finishing up his chicken, Al's comment was something like, "this is pretty good. What do you call it?" I think he was expecting some fancy-schmancy answer like "chicken a la something or other". But when he asked "what do you call it", my reply was "chicken". To which we both erupted in uncontrollable giggling! Uncontrollable giggling by people who have passed 60 is a sight to behold!!

Later in the evening, he said to me......"when I take the Jeep in for the oil change tomorrow, why don't you go with me?" And this is why........"we can go to McDonald's and get a frozen strawberry lemonade." Now that is definitely the way to a woman's heart......a trip to McDonald's!! Result of that conversation (after I had said something like "oh be still my beating heart! McDonald's?? Really??!!!").........more uncontrollable giggling!!

I'm so thankful for the gift of laughter! What a blessing! And I'm looking forward to my McDonald's date later today. I really am. (Giggle!)

"A joyful heart is good medicine." (Proverbs 17:22a)"

No comments:

Post a Comment