Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Morning Randomness

So far it's a typical Monday morning.  I'm pretty much in a fog.  I think I have previously established that mornings are not my thing.  Monday mornings are the worst.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's some culturally ingrained truism that Monday morning should be awful and I should really hate it.  I have no idea.  But, like most Mondays, my thoughts this morning are all over the place!

I'm remembering the great time I had in Greensboro with Brandon, Stephanie, and AJ.  The joy I felt when he asked Jesus into his heart.  My pride at seeing him get a good hit and score a run at his baseball game.  Knowing that I would have been just as proud if he hadn't done that. 

I'm thankful that Al and I are both back home at the same time!  That doesn't happen a lot around here.  It's one of the quirks of our lifestyle.  We've gotten used to it, knowing this is just the way it is.  It's part of "running with endurance the race that is set before us" (see Hebrews 12).  It's not exactly the lifestyle we envisioned back when we first got married.  But it's just the way it is.

I'm feeling sorry for Al this morning because his back has "gone out" again and he's VERY uncomfortable.  I'm praying it gets better soon.  I'm praying for his mom who is still in the hospital, hoping to go home today.

And I'm listening to the landscape guys.  They're here again this morning, repairing their repairs.  Because we live on the side of a mountain (literally) there is a retaining wall right behind our house.  And because of all the snow we had last winter, there was a "landslide" of sorts at the end of that wall.  A lot of dirt washed off the bank and ended up in our driveway.  So a few weeks ago the landscape guys built an extension to the retaining wall (which is concrete) using railroad ties.  Then they put rocks above the railroad ties.  That was supposed to hold the dirt in place.

Well......when we got home on Saturday we discovered that the whole thing - railroad ties, rocks, all of it.....was in the driveway!  So this morning they are out there picking up all the rocks and working on another plan.  I think this one may involve a lot of mulch.  I'm not sure.  Al is dealing with that.  I'm just listening to the sound of rocks being thrown back into a dump truck. 

I'm not sure if this is Plan B or Plan C or what plan we are on now.  I just hope this one works!

No comments:

Post a Comment