Saturday, May 14, 2011

Full Disclosure and Lessons Learned

Regarding my previous post (titled "Laughter", which seem to have mysteriously disappeared, apparently because of some "issues" with the Blogger platform), in the interest of full disclosure I should point out that not only did I get a McDonald's frozen strawberry lemonade, I was also treated to lunch.  At Bubba's.  Yes, that's really the name of the place.....Bubba's Good Eats.  It's a fairly new eating establishment in town.  I had the blue plate special.  It was good.  Then, after a trip to the car wash, we went to McDonald's. (That husband of mine really knows how to show a girl a good time, doesn't he??!!)  I had a frozen strawberry lemonade.  Next time I'll order something else.  Enough said about that.

The lesson is this:  just because something looks good or sounds good doesn't mean it is good!

Another lesson this week came by way of a bird that flew into the living room window.  This is the second time recently that a bird has flown into that window and died as a result.  And it can't possibly be because the window is so clean.  Trust me.  It isn't!

A few weeks ago a cardinal flew into the window.  This week it was an indigo bunting.  Both occasions made me sad.  Not only because they are such beautiful birds, but just because one of God's creatures met such an untimely and unnecessary death. 

But thinking about those birds led me to remembering a beautiful hillside on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.  And to remembering these words of Jesus:  "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" (Matthew 6:26-27) and "Are not five sparrows sold for two cents?  Yet not one of them is forgotten before God......you are more valuable than many sparrows."  (Luke 12:6, 7b).

The lesson I need to remember is this:  God loves those birds.  He made them.  He cares for and provides for them.  Even more, God loves me and cares for and provides for me.  And for you.  And that's an important lesson to remember!

2 comments:

  1. I have the text from your giggle post. (I'm giggling right now thinking about it.) Do you need it or want it?

    ReplyDelete