Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A True Friend

Yesterday was a good day! One of the real down sides to this surgery/recovery is feeling so isolated. Since we live in such a remote location, miles from town with no close neighbors, and since I can't get out and about (and wouldn't really have wanted to in the weather we've had during much of my recovery time!), I rarely see anyone other than my husband. And he's out of town this week. So, in addition to having to do everything for myself, which is exhausting, I find myself with no one but the dog to talk to!

A friend came to visit yesterday. She brought lunch - yum! She brought her Rummikub game and we played - I won 2 out of 3! She caught me up on all the happenings in our church and around town. And when she left, she took my garbage!! Now that's a true friend......one who empties your smelly kitchen garbage can and takes it with her! Thanks, Jan!

No comments:

Post a Comment