Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven......"
(Ecclesiastes 3:1).

We've been studying the book of Ecclesiastes in our Sunday morning Bible Study and this is the passage we were focused on this past Sunday. It's a familiar passage, but one I keep turning over and over in my head this week. I think, based on my current circumstances, there should be a verse that says "a time to walk and a time to sit" or something like that! I'm in a state of mild frustration over my current immobility. I guess that is to be expected. It's been almost a month since surgery, I'm feeling good, I have no pain, but I still can't walk. I still have to wait.

I know it will be worth it. I am so looking forward to the day when I have no cast, and when I can walk on my own two feet without pain. It's been a long time since that was the case.....the walking without pain part, not the walking at all part. Right now all this is at worst mildly inconvenient when I think about all the things I wish I could do and can't. Or when I have to use a wheel chair or walker to get from point A to point B. Not only is that inconvenient, it's exhausting! I'm so very thankful that this is only a temporary condition!

And because it is only temporary, I should quit whining and just deal with it......and be thankful that it is temporary! At least the cast looks good.....it's pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment