Friday, January 15, 2010

One Month Later......

Today is an anniversary of sorts. It's been one month since my ankle surgery. People often ask me how I'm feeling, if I'm in a lot of pain. The answer is, I feel great and have virtually no pain. Is hopping around on one foot annoying? Yes. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Will I be thrilled to have this cast off? Yes. Am I ready to get my life back? Yes.

But the reality is this......even my worst, most uncomfortable days since surgery (with the exception of the first 2 or 3 days) are better than my very best days before surgery. This is definitely a case of "I didn't realize how bad it was, I didn't know how bad I felt until I didn't feel that way anymore."

And for that I am very thankful. And looking forward to the day when I can walk on TWO feet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment