Thursday, January 14, 2010

I had a meltdown today. Let me rephrase that.....I had a MAJOR meltdown today!! I knocked over my coffee. That would be bad enough.....a full cup of really good coffee spilled. That's terrible!! But it's not just that in my clumsiness I knocked it over. That it went everywhere.....all over the laptop and the TV remote (and all the other remotes in the remote control collection) and into the magazine basket and all over the stack of books and all over the little gismo that I need to transfer photos from camera to computer and all over the CDs and DVDs and all over my Bible and my Bible study notebook and all over my journal and completly washed out the grocery list I had just made for my husband. In other words, it went everywhere. That alone is enough for a meltdown.

But the major meltdown came because, in my current state of immobility, I couldn't reach all the places the coffee had reached. I couldn't even clean up my own mess. And that frustrated me beyond words........hence, the meltdown.

Fortunately, Al came up from the office while I was in mid-meltdown-mode, cleaned up the mess, wrapped his arms around me and let me know everything would be OK. It's a good thing he isn't out of town today......I might still be sobbing!

Is it any wonder I love this man??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment