Friday, April 8, 2011

Uncle Wiggly

Yesterday was a good day!  The sun was shining; the temperatures were warm.  It actually looked and felt like spring all day long, which has been a rare thing around here lately.  I had a nice lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in a while.  Being a winter hermit had a lot to do with that!!  My husband took me out for dinner.  Which means I didn't have to cook!  I made good food choices all day, so I'm proud of myself for that.  And I did a little shopping!  Definitely a good day!

One of my favorite board games when I was a little girl was a game called "Uncle Wiggly".  Uncle Wiggly is a rabbit (the box describes him as a rabbit gentleman!!) who travels from his bungalow home all the way to Dr. Possum's house.  Along the way he meets many friends, among them Billy Bushtail and the Cluck-Cluck Hen.  He also encounters the sneaky Skeezicks and the Skillery Scallery Alligator!

I was so excited last fall when I discovered that this game had been released again to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Uncle Wiggly.  I went into Monkey Business, our local toy store, and purchased my very own Uncle Wiggly game, since the one I played with as a child is now long gone.  When all the family was here for Christmas, we played Uncle Wiggly together.  I loved sharing something that was so special to me with my grandsons!

Yesterday I went back to Monkey Business and purchased two more Uncle Wiggly board games......one for AJ and one for Christopher.  And so the Uncle Wiggly tradition continues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment