Monday, April 11, 2011

Encouraged

Mornings are not my favorite.  Monday mornings in particular are not my favorite.  But today I have a bit more of a spring in my step than usual.  A bit more of a positive attitude.  A bit more energy and enthusiasm for the day.

The fact that I'm heading down to Florida tomorrow for a couple of weeks may have something to do with that.  But I think it's actually something more.

On Saturday we dug out some Gaither Homecoming DVDs that we hadn't watched in a while.  This particular DVD set was recorded in Jerusalem about 5 years ago.  We had watched these DVDs a number of times over the years, although not since we had actually traveled to Jerusalem ourselves a few months ago.

The music was the same, but somehow so much more meaningful having walked in some of those same places.  As we watched the singers sailing on the Sea of Galilee, we remembered doing the same.....perhaps in the same boat!  We recognized the olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane.  We recalled sitting and worshiping on the Southern Steps.  Hearing Larnelle Harris sing "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked" means so much more than it used to.  And as I listened to Larry Ford singing "The Holy City", I remembered listening to that song on the tour bus as we entered Jerusalem for the first time.  Precious memories.  And a powerful time of worship as we sat in front of the tv, remembering our time in Israel, listening to and singing along with some favorite old songs, and praising the Lord together. 

Yesterday was another special day.  I was so encouraged as I was reminded again that Christ came to earth because God desires to have a relationship with us.....with me!  That once Christ had ascended back to Heaven, He sent His Holy Spirit to dwell within me.  That because of that, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. 

So, as I face this new week, I am encouraged and energized by those reminders.  I know that I can face whatever comes my way because of His strength within me.  And so I look forward to this day, to this week.  It's my goal to make every day count for Him, to live fully in the present and look forward to the future, knowing that "He who began a good work" will be faithful to complete it.  (Philippians 1:6).

Have a blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment