Monday, April 4, 2011

Lessons about Obedience

I've learned a few lessons about obedience this last week.  For a while now, Al and I have been praying about looking for a new church home.  We have believed that was what God was leading us to.  We didn't want to make a hasty decision or a wrong decision.  So we devoted a lot of time to seeking His will about that situation.  We are certain that we received God's answer, and that our decision to leave our current church and look for another one was that answer.  We have confidence in that decision.  Having made the decision, being obedient to what we sense God leading us to do, we feel a weight lifted from our shoulders.

That's one of the lessons of obedience I have learned this week.  Being obedient feels good!

I have also learned a few other things.  Other people won't always understand.  They won't always be supportive.  They may say hurtful things. 

But my obedience shouldn't be conditioned on what other people think or what other people say.  My obedience is between me and God.  I'm not responsible for the consequences.  I am only responsible to obey.

"Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him."  (Charles Stanley)

No comments:

Post a Comment