Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Christopher Story

I love my grandsons!  Those little boys bring such joy to my life!  I love spending time with them.  I love their hugs and kisses.  I love how they remind me of my sons when they were that age.  I love watching them play.  I love watching them learn.  I love watching them figure things out for themselves.

And I love how they make me laugh!  One of this week's giggles came from Christopher.

Let me introduce you to the characters in this story.  Christopher is 4 years old.  He is the son of my older son Brian and his wife Emily.  Emily has two sisters.  Her older sister Lori and her family live in the same neighborhood as Brian and Emily.  Lori has a 15 year old son named Ricky.  Ricky spends a lot of time at Brian and Emily's house.  That's the background of this story.  Keep that in mind, along with the fact that Ricky is 15.  If you know anything about teenage boys and how much they eat, you will understand this story even more!

A word about Christopher.  He is a funny little boy.  He's also very serious.  We sometimes describe him as a little old man in a child's body.  And his very serious pronouncements are often some of the funniest things that come out of his mouth.  He's really funny when he's not even trying to be funny.

Here's the story.  On Monday, Emily and Christopher were picking Ricky up from his baseball practice.  On the way to get Ricky, Christopher said to Emily, "When we get Ricky we need to take him to his house so he doesn't eat up all of our food at our house". Later, when Ricky was inevitably in the pantry, Christopher ran up behind him and said, "Well what do you know!"

Emily shared this story on her Facebook page.  Al and I both got a good laugh out of it.  And we're still laughing every time we think about it.  I hope it made you smile, too.

"A joyful heart is good medicine." (Proverbs 17:22 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment