Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Unusual

This is quite an unusual day.

I woke up early this morning.  Before 6:00.  That's unusual.  That I woke up so early without the prompting of an alarm clock is even more unusual.

I was wide awake when I woke up.  That's unusual.  Those who know me best know that I am most definitely not a morning person.  I'm not one of those people who are wide awake as soon as their feet hit the floor.  I'm more an ease-into-the-day kind of person.

This morning when I woke up I was far less stiff than normal.  That's unusual.  And I was not in any particular pain.  That's most unusual.  Pain and stiffness are part of my life, and mornings are often worst.  But not this morning.

Because I was wide awake and because I was feeling so good, I went out for my morning walk earlier than usual, shortly after I got out of bed.  That's unusual.  I'm rarely out walking when the street lights are still on!  And I'm rarely out walking before I've been up for at least an hour.  But because I wasn't as stiff as normal, out I went.

Walking at such an early time was a pleasant experience.  It's much quieter then. No sounds except a few birds beginning to sing.  There were no cars driving by.  It was a very peaceful walk, and I watched the sky brighten up as the day began.  That's most unusual for me!

I walked around the neighborhood twice this morning.  That's unusual.  Most days, one trip around is all I can manage, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself today!

It was cooler this morning, only 68 degrees when I set out.  That's unusual.  This has been a brutally hot summer and even the mornings are hot and humid and miserable.  But not today.  And I am so thankful.

I'm not sure what else this day will hold.  It has started out as a very unusual day, but certainly a pleasant one.  For all these blessings I am so very grateful.  And I'm excited to see what else the day has in store!


"Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me." (Psalm 66:20 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment