Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Diary of a Knee Replacement. 5 Months Later.

When I looked at the calendar yesterday, I realized that Sunday was the 5-month anniversary of my knee replacement surgery. It's hard to believe five months have passed already.

My new knee and I are doing very well together.  When I saw the doctor a few weeks ago, he said everything was just as it should be.  I'm walking with no pain and doing things that a few months ago I would have thought impossible.  Most days, unless I notice the scar, I don't even really think about it.

This morning, as I was reflecting on these five months, I'm reminded again just how many reasons I have for giving thanks.  I am very aware that everyone who has knee replacement surgery does not have as good an experience as I had.  I am aware that, even now, people are struggling through recovery and physical therapy.  That awareness causes me to pause and give thanks. 

I am so thankful for my surgeon, Dr. Armocida, and for the team of doctors and nurses who took such good care of me.  I am thankful to have had my surgery at the Villages at Pelham hospital, which I have occasionally been known to refer to as the "Spa at Pelham"!

I am so thankful for Caitlin, my physical therapist, whom I affectionately refer to as the "World's Best Physical Therapist".  Because she is!

Every morning when I'm out walking, I'm thankful for this new knee.  Thankful for Dr. Armocida.  Thankful for Caitlin.

Just so thankful.

Now, if I could only get some of these other aching parts replaced.......

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good."  (Psalm 136:1a NASB)



No comments:

Post a Comment