Wednesday, August 24, 2016

How Was Your Day?

Yesterday I shared that may day had gotten off to an unusual start.  Unusual for me, anyway.  From its unusual beginning, my day developed into one that was quite peaceful.  And pleasant.  And productive.

It was a quiet day around here.  The phone didn't ring much.  There weren't many texts.  Molly slept most of the day, and Al is in Belgium for the week so there was nobody to talk to.

I spent much of my morning dealing with issues related to my latest book project, giving final approval to the cover design and working on what I hope will be the final edits on the content.  That gave me a great sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.  It feels good to be productive!

Our Life Group has been studying 1 Samuel this summer.  We will finish that out this coming Sunday.  This is not my week to teach, so I left Saul and David behind and moved on to begin my study of 1 Peter, the book we will begin studying in September.  I spread out my Bible and my notebook and my colored pencils, and had a wonderful time digging into Peter's letter.  I'm really excited about this study!

I have received several new books to read and review, so late yesterday afternoon I got started on one of them.  Saffire by Sigmund Brouder is one that is hard to put down, which meant I stayed up too late last night reading.  That may be why it was a little harder to get up this morning than it was yesterday!

Maybe it's because I was up late reading.  Or maybe it's just getting back to the "usual".  In any event,  I didn't wake up as early.  I wasn't exactly wide awake when I crawled out of bed.  It took me a while to get going.  I needed some coffee and some time before I went out for my morning walk.  In spite of that, I met my goal to walk two miles this morning!  Yay me!

It's a beautiful morning.  A beautiful start to what I hope will be another peaceful and pleasant and productive day.

 
 
"This is the day which the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
(Psalm 118:24 NASB)


No comments:

Post a Comment