Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Thankful Tuesday: So Many Reasons

It was such a simple thing.  Yesterday I decided to update my profile picture on Facebook.  Even though it was such a simple thing, I was overwhelmed by the response.  So many comments and "likes"......it took my breath away.

As I looked at the names of those who had "liked" or commented, I began to think about each of those people and how our lives are connected.  Some of those people have been part of my life for a very long time, and some for less time.  Either way, as I began to think about how I knew this person or when I met that person, I was overwhelmed with thankfulness to our gracious Heavenly Father for bringing us together.

I thank God for each of these people.  And as I thanked God for them yesterday, I also prayed for them.  That God would meet their needs.  That God would be very real and present in their lives.  That God would have His hand on them.

These friends and acquaintances are just a few of the ways God has blessed me.  On this Thankful Tuesday, I am giving thanks for my friends.  For my family.  And I am overwhelmed as I think of all God's blessings in my life.

We all have so many reasons to be thankful.  Why not take some time to think about that today, and then spend some time with the Lord, just saying thank you.

"O give thanks to the LORD."  (Psalm 106:1)




No comments:

Post a Comment