Friday, March 18, 2016

Orange Juice and Chicken Soup

This has been a rough week.  I've been a little "under the weather", as they say.  Make that a lot under the weather!  But I made it through, and on this sunny Friday morning, I'm happy to report that I am on the mend!  I can breathe again, which is always a good thing, and am feeling almost back to normal.

My diet this week has consisted of a lot of orange juice and a lot chicken noodle soup, and not much else.  That, in combination with the antibiotics the doctor prescribed earlier in the week, seems to have done the trick.

This time last week I had a pretty lengthy to-do list for this week, with lots of things I wanted to get accomplished prior to my upcoming surgery.  What I have actually accomplished can be described in two words:  not much.  I've done a lot of sleeping and a little bit of reading, and that's it.

Sometimes we have to just set our plans aside and do what it takes to get well.  In this case, orange juice plus chicken soup plus antibiotics plus a lot of sleep.  That combination has left me feeling refreshed and energized, ready to (slowly) begin to tackle that to-do list.

Sometimes we have to slow down.  (Although if I go any slower than I have this week, I'll be going backwards!)

It's probably a good idea not to wait until we get sick to allow ourselves some time for rest.  Some time to refresh.  Some time to be still.

We all need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment