Friday, October 10, 2014

We Sure Do Need Him Now

If you dig back into your memory bank, you may recall the words to an old gospel song that went something like this:  If we never needed the Lord before, we sure do need Him now.

When I was a child, I often heard my parents, and my grandmother, and other adults I knew, saying things like I just don't know what the world is coming to.

They would certainly be saying that this week, if they were still here.

The culture wars heated up even more this week with the U.S. Supreme Court's decision, or lack of decision, concerning same sex marriage.

In a city near me, the rainbow flag is now flying on city hall.  No other flag is allowed to be flown on that building.  Not even the flag of these United States. But that rainbow flag is proudly displayed.

It's a sad day in our history, in my opinion.  For more than four thousand years, marriage has been defined as the union between a man and a woman.  Suddenly, that truth is no longer true.  All because somebody decided that just didn't work for them any more.

And that is only one example of how we have turned - and are continuing to turn - our backs on God.

Did you hear that children in one school district are no longer to be referred to as "boys" and "girls"?  Instead they are to be referred to as "purple penguins" so nobody's feelings are hurt.

May God have mercy on us.

"In those days there was no king in Israel.  Everyone did what was right in his own eyes."  (Judges 21:25 ESV)

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death."      (Proverbs 14:12 ESV)

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  (2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV)


"If God doesn't come soon and bring judgment upon the United States, He's going to have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah!" - Ruth Bell Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment