Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Amazed

I have often written about how much I love the colors of fall here in the mountains.  The beauty is almost overwhelming sometimes!  I am amazed at the beauty God has blessed us with here.

As this year's fall season began, I was a bit skeptical that the colors would be as pretty as normal.  The colors began to change a bit earlier in the season than usual and weren't particularly striking.  But as the season has progressed, my opinion has progressed as well, and I'm now viewing this as one of the most glorious fall seasons we have experienced in several years.

The view from my front porch changes from day to day.  But it also changes from hour to hour!  Yesterday I decided to document that with my camera.  Once again, I was amazed.



I love that first hint of sunshine coming over the mountain behind us.
 

 
Then throughout the day, I love to watch the changing shadows as the sun shines through the clouds overhead.
 



 
 

 
As morning becomes afternoon, the position of the sun and clouds changes,
but the view is still breathtaking.
 
 

 

 
The shadows shift as the day progresses.
 

 
Late afternoon typically brings in a few more clouds.

 
And then the sun makes its descent behind the mountains in front of us. 
And so ends another day.

 
 
Another day to be amazed at the creativity of our awesome God.  Another day to admire His handiwork.  To enjoy the variety of colors and textures in His creation.
 
Another day to give thanks to the Lord.  To be in awe of Him.  To worship. To be amazed. 

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!"  (Psalm 150:6 ESV)
 
 
 
Morning sun, light of creation;
Grassy fields, a velvet floor;
Silver clouds, a shimmering curtain, He’s designed a perfect world.
I’m amazed at His talents, stand in awe of One so great;
Now my soul begins to sing out to the source from which it came.
Bless the Lord who reigns in beauty;
Bless the Lord who reigns with wisdom and with power.
Bless the Lord who fills my life with so much love,
He can make a perfect heart.
 
(A PERFECT HEART - Words and music
by Reba Rambo and Dony McGuire)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment