Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Thankful

The last couple of weeks have been busier than normal.  That leaves me feeling a bit weary, but also gives me so many extra reasons for thanksgiving.

This morning I've been reflecting on some of the reasons I have for feeling thankful.

Here's a portion of my Tuesday Thankful List:
  • I'm thankful for my husband.  He knows me best, and he loves me anyway!  This week I'm especially thankful for the way he cares for me when I'm not feeling well.
  • thankful that Christopher got his cast off last week.
  • thankful for my church, and this week particularly thankful for the church's commitment to missions and for our Global Mpact Celebration last week.
  • thankful for my pastor.
  • thankful for my Life Group.
  • thankful for the opportunity to teach God's Word.
  • thankful for friends who welcomed me into their home for the week so I could participate in the GMC.  (Thank you, Cathy and Mike!)
  • thankful for a friend (Cathy!) who enjoys pumpkin pancakes as much as I do!
  • thankful for friendships that last for years and years, in spite of time and distance.
  • thankful to be seeing one of those friends later today for some laughter and retail therapy!
  • thankful for social media that allows me to keep in touch with friends across the country and the world.
  • thankful for the beauty of these mountains, especially at this time of the year.
  • thankful for all of you who read this blog.
  • thankful for the great blessing of God's Word.
  • and thankful for Jesus!
I'm just thankful.  That's all.  Just thankful. 

Overwhelmed by the goodness of God.  Overwhelmed by all the ways He has blessed me.  Just overwhelmed.

"For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace."  (John 1:16 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment