Friday, October 31, 2014

Out of Focus

Yesterday I had my annual appointment with my eye doctor.  All is well on that front, in case you were wondering.

For several hours after the appointment I had to endure the effects of having my eyes dilated.  That's the worst part of the whole experience, in my humble opinion.  Well, that and the really bright light that gets shined into your dilated eyes to check your retinas.

I pulled the shades down over the windows to keep the bright sunlight from irritating my dilated eyes.  I had very few lights on in the house.  I drank coffee.

And that may be the best part of the whole experience - to sit and drink coffee, and do absolutely nothing else.

For a few hours, I was a very frustrated woman.  Yes, I enjoy sitting and drinking coffee.  But there were other things I wanted to do.  I would have enjoyed a good book with that coffee, but I couldn't focus well enough to read.  I had planned to spend some time finishing my lesson prep for Sunday, but that had to be delayed until later in the day when my eyes had returned to normal.

Out of focus.  It really is a frustrating condition.

Have you noticed how many people in our world seem absolutely miserable?  Could it be that they are having trouble with their focus?

Something to think about.

"fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith...."  (Hebrews 12:2 NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment